27th March 2020
Re: “Tighter Measures to Minimize Further Spread of COVID-19”
Greetings to you in the Name of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. MCCY has now issued the latest guidelines on how to apply MOH advisory dated 24 March 2020 on “Tighter Measures to Minimize Further Spread of COVID-19”. As the body of Christ, let us continue to spur one another to greater and deeper relationship as we adjust ourselves to the new norm of gathering and fellowshipping with fellow believers in the Lord.
Please take note of the following:
1. All Worship Services at BBPC & PPC will be suspended till 30th April 2020, but this may be extended if the situation does not improve. All three congregations will continue to broadcast their online worship services during this time.
2. Strict safe distancing of 1 meter will apply at all physical activities, within and outside, the church premises. Please take note the Government is strictly enforcing this regulation under the Infectious Disease Act.
3. Bible studies, CG meetings and other meetings need to observe the guidelines of restricting the gathering to below 10 people and to continue to follow the best practices and existing guidelines that were previously posted on BBPC website. The CG working committee is working on a training session to equip the CGLs on using zoom or google hangouts. Details will follow soon.
If you are planning to use the church premises for CG or meetings, please obtain approval from the administrative office (email@example.com) during the weekday. Once the approval is given, the CG/ministry leaders will be responsible for ensuring temperature screening/log in to QR code to submit, when they use the room.
4. During the suspension period, all wedding ceremonies and funeral services may continue, but subjected to a cap of 10 persons at any one time and must adhere to all advisories by the MOH and MCCY.
5. All senior-centered activities continue to be suspended till further notice.
For such a time like this, the church leaders call upon all worshippers not to neglect the gathering of God’s people for spiritual fellowship and encouragement. Let us focus on loving one another by keeping in touch through phone/video call or text messages and supporting one another, especially for those who are going through difficult times. We would like to encourage everyone to periodically log onto the church website at bbpc.sg for church news and updates as well as how we can stay connected together as a church. The Pastoral staff and elders are also available to render pastoral help and assistance through physical or online meet up during this time. Let us stay united together in the Lord and rise above the challenge to grow deeper in our spiritual walk with the Lord.
“Not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.” (Hebrew 10:25)
Rev Dr Chang Chian Hui Senior Minister, on behalf of the leadership at BBPC 27 March 2020